Breast Sizing Solutions & Advice from the Designers at En Femme
As a crossdresser or trans woman, you can present your feminine identity in many forms. You may choose to dial-up or down your look depending on the occasion or mood. No need to choose just one look. With breast forms, you can also increase or decrease size depending on your situation because you can choose different breast forms for your different moods!
One way to enhance your style is your bust line. You can modify your appearance to be more voluptuous (larger bust line) or demure (smaller bust line).
If you only dress indoors, discreetly, feel free to make use of any size bust line (small to super large). However, if you plan to go out in public, then you will want to consider size as larger forms draw more attention - for that passable look, consider smaller forms when venturing out.
Correct Measurements Are Essential
Don’t have a measuring tape?
Just use any piece of string for measuring around your chest. Mark that measurement on the string. Now simply compare the string to any tape measure!
Finding the Right Breast Form for your Body
Which form is right for you? This is a consistent customer question we receive. At En Femme, we have simplified this process!
Our Simple 3-Step Process
1. Find your bra band size:
A correct bra band size is essential so that your bra fits well and insures that the corresponding breast forms you choose will be sized to your expectations. Our easy picture/diagram shows you where to measure to find your band size. We offer band sizes 36 – 44 inches
To take the bra band measurement, measure around your chest 2 - 2.5 inches below your nipple level.
2. Choose your breast size
Now comes the fun part! What type of look are you going to create? Busty or petite? We offer breast form/cup sizes B, C, D, DD or DDD. When thinking about cup size, determine how the size will create the shape you are looking for in relation to your body, whether looking to create an hourglass shape or enhance your overall silhouette.
3. Choose the appropriate product
Now that you have your band size (ex: size 40), and your cup size (ex: size C) How do you choose the right product?
- Triangular shaped forms: a basic information about the differences for each product is displayed to help guide you on each product page. Depending on the musculature of your chest, a triangular form may fit chests with more defined chests, or broader chests where the triangular form can be adjusted.
- Oval shaped forms: provide greater projection off the chest but may not have as natural an appearance on well defined or muscular chests. If you have a normal defined or average width chest, oval forms can help create a more shapely silhouette under clothing.
- Size proportion: Keep in mind your height and weight compared to the form size you select. Too large a form may create a top heavy look while smaller forms may not create the hourglass proportion you are trying to achieve.
- Still need help? We're here to help guide you to the correct form for your needs. Email or call us to help select the best form for you.